Online Counseling for College Girls consists of counseling sessions via secure, HIPPA-compliant video conferencing technology. It's like FaceTime but better! As a Board Certified Telemental Health (BC-TMH) provider, I am able to offer this service to girls that are NYS residents and attend college in New York State. Girls love the convenience and flexibility of having sessions in the comfort of their own home, dorm room, or private location of their choice.
What are the benefits of Online Counseling?
Video sessions are...
- Parent Approved. Parents love knowing that their daughter has personal support while discovering new independence and freedom.
- Convenient. No rushing to get to the office. No missed appointments due to weather or lack of transportation.
- Comfortable. You can be sitting in the comfort of your home, dorm room, or private location of choice.
- Cost Efficient. The cost is the same as in-office sessions but you save time and travel expenses.
- Flexible. Online Counseling allows us to schedule around classes, work, and social activities.
- Accessible. Girls living anywhere in New York State can access my counseling services year-around...even when at college!
- Private. No waiting room.
What do I need for video sessions?
You will need:
1. A computer, tablet, or smartphone with a webcam.
2. A reliable, high speed internet connection.
3. An invitation from me to access VSEE (a HIPPA-compliant video conferencing service).
4. A private location.
Who is NOT APPROPRIATE for Online Counseling?
Girls not appropriate are...
- Minors (under 18 years of age)
- Suicidal, homicidal, or violent (past or present)
- Engaging in self-harming behaviors
- Abusing or have abused drugs and alcohol
- Experiencing or have experienced sever mental issues
- Investment: $120 per session
- Flexible session times
- An initial intake session is required
- There is a 24 hour cancellation policy, otherwise the full session fee is due.
PLEASE NOTE: My practice is 100% private pay. I do not accept insurance as payment or participate with any insurance panels. Don't Panic! Most insurances will allow you to utilize your out-of-network benefits for partial reimbursement. Please contact your insurance company to review your out-of-network benefits for mental health services provided by a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW-R). Also confirm if Telemental Health sessions via video are covered.