Online Counseling consists of counseling sessions via secure, HIPPA-compliant video conferencing technology. It's like FaceTime but better! As a Board Certified-Telemental Health (BC-TMH) provider, I am able to offer this service to girls that live or go to college in New York State. Girls love the convenience and flexibility of having sessions in the comfort of their own home, dorm room, or private location of their choice.
What are the benefits of Online Counseling?
Video sessions are...
- Parent Approved. Parents love knowing that their daughter has personal support when needed.
- Convenient. No rushing to get to the office. No missed appointments due to weather or lack of transportation.
- Comfortable. You can be sitting in the comfort of your home, dorm room, or private location of choice.
- Cost Efficient. The cost is the same as in-office sessions but you save time and travel expenses.
- Flexible. Online Counseling allows us to schedule around school, work, and social activities.
- Accessible. Girls living anywhere in New York State can access my counseling services year-around...even when at college!
- Private. No waiting room.
What do I need for video sessions?
You will need:
1. A computer, tablet, or smartphone with a webcam.
2. A reliable, high speed internet connection.
3. An email link from me to access my HIPPA-compliant video conferencing service.
4. A private location.
Who is NOT APPROPRIATE for Online Counseling?
Girls not appropriate are...
- Suicidal, homicidal, or violent (past or present)
- Engaging in self-harming behaviors
- Abusing or have abused drugs and alcohol
- Experiencing or have experienced sever mental issues
- Investment: $120 per Individual session, $60 per Group session
- An initial intake session is required
- There is a 24 hour cancellation policy, otherwise the full session fee is due.
PLEASE NOTE: My practice is 100% private pay. I do not accept insurance as payment or participate with any insurance panels. Don't Panic! Most insurances will allow you to utilize your out-of-network benefits for partial reimbursement. Please contact your insurance company to review your out-of-network benefits for mental health services provided by a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW-R). Also confirm that Telemental Health sessions via video are covered.